Dr. Jane Bluestein bio*
A dynamic and entertaining speaker, Dr. Bluestein has worked with thousands of educators, counselors, healthcare professionals, parents, childcare workers, and other community members world-wide. She has appeared internationallyas a speaker and talk-show guest, including several appearances as a guest expert on CNN, National Public Radio and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Dr. Bluestein specializes in programs and resources geared to provide practical and meaningful information, training and hope in areas related to relationship building, effective instruction and guidance, and personal growth and development. Much of her work focuses on interactions between adults and children, especially children at risk. Her down-to-earth speaking style, practicality, sense of humor, and numerous stories and examples make her ideas clear and accessible to her audiences.
Jane is an award-winning author whose books include The Win-Win Classroom; The Beginning Teacher’s Survival Guide (formerly Becoming a Win-Win Teacher); Managing 21st Century Classrooms; Creating Emotionally Safe Schools; High School’s Not Forever; Parents, Teens, & Boundaries; The Parent’s Little Book of Lists: Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Parenting; Mentors, Masters, and Mrs. McGregor: Stories of Teachers Making a Difference; and Magic, Miracles & Synchronicity : A Journal of Gratitude and Awareness. Dr. Bluestein’s latest book is The Perfection Deception: Why Trying to Be Perfect is Sabotaging Your Relationships, Making You Sick, and Holding Your Happiness Hostage.
Formerly a classroom teacher (in inner-city Pittsburgh, PA), crisis-intervention counselor, teacher training program coordinator, and volunteer with high-risk teens at a local Day Treatment Program, Dr. Bluestein currently heads Instructional Support Services, Inc., a consulting and resource firm in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Her words will touch your heart;
her ideas will change your life.
*Important: The wording in this bio was designed for use in your promotional materials. Please use this script (instead of this bio) for introducing Dr. Bluestein before she speaks to your group. Thank you.
- Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
- See what Dr. Bluestein can do for you: details on services offered.
- Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
- A sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences
- See where Dr. Bluestein has spoken
- Speaking Resume:International, National, and Regional Conferences and Events
- Speaking Resume: Local and State-Wide Conferences and Events by State (US events)
- Speaking Resume: Parent and Community Training Programs
- Media Resume: Talk Show, Internet, and Broadcast Interviews (International, National)
- Media Resume: State by State Broadcast Interviews
- Read what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein (testimonials).
- Download Dr. Bluestein’s press kit (Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume)
- Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
- Our media resources and policies.
- Download a press photo to publicize your event.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s presentations and interview topics.
- Topics and related questions for media interviews.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
- Check out the milestones and highlights of Dr. Bluestein’s life and career.
- Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
© 2012, 2022, Dr. Jane Bluestein
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…