Download page for Service Certificates
Click here to download a page with two copies of a certificate you can duplicate to offer the gift of your service to someone in your life.
This page corresponds to Chapter 4, “The Pleasures of Service,” in Magic, Miracles and Synchronicity by Jane Bluestein, Judy Lawrence, and S.J. Sanchez. See below for a list of ideas to get you started. Please make as many copies as you would like and share them abundantly.
Tech tip: You can right-click to save a copy of the certificates to your hard drive.
Examples of service you might consider offering include:
- Running an errand
- Baking someone’s favorite goodies
- Preparing and delivering a casserole or some soup
- Providing a few hours of day care or baby-sitting
- Organizing a closet, a box of recipes or a photo album
- Helping to clean out a garage, attic or shed
- Helping to pack or move
- Helping to paint, wallpaper or put up shelves
- Weeding someone’s garden or mowing someone’s lawn
- Watching and caring for someone’s pets or plants
- Treating someone to an afternoon at the movies (or renting a video)
- Teaching someone how to use new software
- Washing someone’s car or changing the oil
- Returning library books
- Partnering for a walk, bike ride, racquetball game, board game or card game
- Sharing a day at the museum or aquarium
- Hauling trash or recycling for someone
- Braiding, coloring or cutting someone’s hair
- Providing company on someone’s next shopping trip (or doing that person’s shopping yourself)
- Bringing someone flowers from your garden
- Doing a chore someone really hates to do
- Walking someone’s dog
- Inviting someone for dinner at your house
- Taking someone’s kids for a few hours (to a movie or playground, for example)
- Giving someone an hour of your time just to sit and listen
- Making a difficult phone call or drafting a letter for someone
- Helping with a challenging project
- Taking someone out for ice cream or coffee (or both!)
- Lending someone an article of clothing, an appliance or power tool
- Offering to pray, meditate, light a candle or hold a good thought for someone
- Hosting a party, shower or celebration for someone
- Making a contribution in someone’s name to a charity of that person’s choice
Click here to share other ideas you have had or used so we can add them to the list.
Podcast: An Attitude of Gratitude with Judy Lawrence, MSEd. Additional links and resources are listed on this post.
Sale books: Click here for links to dozens of new and used books on a wide range of topics and at discounted prices.
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Click here for more information.
Hire Jane: Click here for everything you need for your next conference or professional development event.