License to use materials from Dr. Jane Bluestein’s presentation
Below you will find links to the PDF version of the Keynote (Apple’s version of PowerPoint) slides from Dr. Bluestein’s presentations of “The I-Can Classroom” for the Principals Academy, 25-27 June 2013, Singapore. The four links include a number of slides that were not shown at the presentation. While the majority of the slides correspond to the handout packet you received at this event, several slides were added right before the actual presentation.
Please note that these materials are the sole property of Dr. Jane Bluestein. By clicking the links below to view or download these materials, you agree to the following:
- You are welcome to use this information in any way that it will be useful to you, your staff or colleagues, or the parents of your students. You are free to use these materials as a resource in your professional development or a course of study.
- This material is copyright protected. You are welcome to share anything in this package in any form so long as you attribute its source. It’s very bad karma—and just plain tacky—to remove the copyright notice, alter the material, or use it without attribution to the author! It’s also an illegal violation of copyright protection. Please respect the origins of these materials and the win-win spirit in which they are being shared.
- You are welcome to quote material from these pages, including in commercial ventures, as long as this material is attributed properly. Please note the author’s name and the original source of the material if the page includes an excerpt notice on the page (the book or resource in which the material originally or currently appears). If you have any questions, please contact our office by email or address snail mail to Instructional Support Services, 1709 Father Sky Ct NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87112 or phone 505-323-9044, or 505-250-3965.
- This license applies to anyone with whom you share copies of these materials.
- These materials will remain available on this site until August 31, 2013, unless Dr. Bluestein forgets to remove them, which is entirely possible.
Thank you for your consideration, and for spreading the word.
Download the PDF version of Dr. Bluestein’s slides for the presentation, “The I-Can Classroom”
Please note that these are fairly large files and may take a minute or two to open or download.
Click here to view part 1 or right-click on the link to download a copy to your hard drive (may appear as “Save Linked File” in the contextual menu that appears.
Click here to view part 2 or right-click on the link to download a copy to your hard drive (may appear as “Save Linked File” in the contextual menu that appears.
Click here to view part 3 or right-click on the link to download a copy to your hard drive (may appear as “Save Linked File” in the contextual menu that appears.
Click here to view part 4 or right-click on the link to download a copy to your hard drive (may appear as “Save Linked File” in the contextual menu that appears.
Links to the audio and video files embedded in this presentation
The following audio and video files were included in the original files and will not display or run on the PDFs above. The corresponding links to the resources used are listed below:
Click here to view Starfish video (Part 1, slide #13)
Click here to view Sir Ken Robinson’s video (Part 1, slide #23).
Click here to listen to Dr. Lynn Collin’s podcast on making choices (Part 2, page 7, between slide #3 and 4)
Click here to listen to Dr. Bluestein’s video on responding to children’s achievement (Part 2, page 36, between slides #28 and 29)
Click here to view the video about feedback and motivation with Carol Dweck, Christine Carter, and Kelly Corrigan (Part 2, slide #30)
Click here to read the story of the Animal School by George Reavis (Part 3, slide #3)
Click here to view the video with Dennis Littky about teaching to students’ passions (Part 3, slide #9)
Get on Dr. Bluestein’s mailing list. Monthly newsletter on topics for educators and parents. Special links and discounts for newsletter subscribers. Total respect for privacy. (No list sharing. Ever.) Type your email address in the box at the right, email the word “news” to Dr. Bluestein, or text your email address to 505-250-3965. If you sent us an email requesting these slides or signed up for the slides at the seminar, you are already on our list. If you signed up and did NOT receive an email, please contact us immediately as we may have typed your email address into our files incorrectly.