Dr. Jane Bluestein’s handouts
Here is a PDF copy of the slides Dr. Bluestein presented at the CSU Northridge inservice on August 3, 2013. Please note that some of the slides included in this download were not presented at the time of the seminar and have been included for additional background information and follow-up.
By clicking the link below to view or download these materials, you agree to the following:
- You are welcome to use this information in any way that it will be useful to you, your staff or colleagues, or the parents of your students. You are free to use these materials as a resource in your professional development or a course of study, or to share these materials with other members of your school staff or organization, including parents of students.
- This material is copyright protected. You are welcome to share anything in this package in any form so long as you attribute its source. It’s very bad karma—and just plain tacky—to remove the copyright notice, alter the material, or use it without attribution! It’s also an illegal violation of copyright protection. Please respect the origins of this material and the win-win spirit in which they are shared.
- You are welcome to quote material from these pages, including in commercial ventures, as long as this material is attributed properly. Please note the original source of the material if the page includes an excerpt notice on the page (the book or resource in which the material originally or currently appears).
- If you are creating resources for your own commercial ventures (paid presentations or publications, for example), you may include attributed information from this presentation but not use the material in its entirety. Traditionally, 10-15% is allowable, but I’m not likely to count, so not to be vague, but just keep it reasonable, OK? If you have any questions, just ask. Please contact our office by email or address snail mail to Instructional Support Services, 1709 Father Sky Ct NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87112 or phone 505-250-3965.
- These materials will remain available on this site until September 30, 2013, unless I forget to remove them, which is entirely likely.
Thank you for your consideration, and for spreading the word.
Click here to view the PDF version of Dr. Bluestein’s electronic presentation for “Becoming a Win-Win Teacher” or right-click to download a copy to your hard drive.
Links to the audio and video files embedded in this presentation
The following audio and video files were included in the original files and will not display or run on the PDFs above. The corresponding links to the resources used are listed below:
Click here to view Karl Fisch’s presentation, “Did you know…?” (5th slide, not shown, page X)
Click here to view Sir Ken Robinson’s video (12th slide, on page #5).
Click here to view the video about feedback and motivation with Carol Dweck, Christine Carter, and Kelly Corrigan (Not shown, 43rd slide, page X)
Also recommended (not included in presentation or download):
“Pads” on the Back: Free downloads of 8 different positive messages in 45 languages. Click here for listing. If you would like to order an set of 10 messages (these 8 plus 2 more) as a 5-pack of sticky-notes in 5 different colors, click here for more information or to order.
And don’t forget about the podcasts! Click here for a listing of 2 dozen topics with information you can use in your teaching, parenting, relationships, and life!
Get on Dr. Bluestein’s mailing list. Monthly newsletter on topics for educators and parents. Special links and discounts for newsletter subscribers. Total respect for privacy. (No list sharing. Ever.) Type your email address in the box at the right, email the word “news” to Jane, or text your email address to 505-250-3965. If you signed up in class, you should be getting our August newsletter in another week or two. If not, please let us know.