A Fresh and Positive Look at Classroom Management
Presentation for educators by Dr. Jane Bluestein
When it comes to student behavior challenges in the classroom, conventional practices and punitive discipline codes often fail to motivate students to change their attitudes or behavior. Old win-lose patterns (whether authoritarian or permissive) often do little more than add fuel to the fire.
Here, finally, is an effective alternative approach to successfully preventing discipline problems, building student accountability, and ending frustrating power struggles with kids of all ages.
We’ll look at practical, powerful, and effective strategies to help you establish win-win authority relationships; defuse conflict and opposition; set and maintain positive, win-win boundaries; build a positive, caring, emotionally safe classroom climate; eliminate defiance, dependence, and indifference; build relationships with parents; reduce stress and burnout, and make your work more enjoyable.
We’ll also examine strategies that will minimize problems associated with poor academic performance, non-traditional learning styles, and social and emotional issues.
“The Win-Win Classroom” will change the way you interact with students and help you build a positive social culture within your school and classroom. Valuable strategies for individuals working with students at all grade levels.
Participants will learn how to:
- Establish win-win authority relationships with students to reduce power-struggles, opposition, and indifference without using threats or punishments
- Examine traditional approaches to discipline and classroom management that often create more problems than they solve, as well as more effective alternatives
- Develop simple, practical, and positive strategies for motivating student cooperation, commitment, and accountability
- Improve classroom climate, reducing negativity, stress, and indifference
- Increase time devoted to instruction and student engagement
- Increase student success to minimize behavior problems that often emerge when kids believe they cannot be successful in school
- Improve aspects of classroom management related to authority, instruction, and student learning needs and preferences
- Improve the social and emotional aspects of the classroom (including reducing negative student interactions and bullying)
- Build relationships with and support from parents and colleagues
Information about related books:
The Win-Win Classroom: Positive Classroom Management
The Beginning Teacher’s Survival Guide: Win-Win Strategies for Success
Creating Emotionally Safe Schools: A Guide for Educators and Parents
Managing 21st Century Classrooms: How do I avoid ineffective classroom management practices?
- Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
- Classic CV/resume: Basic overview of background, education, and experience
- Here’s a sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences.
- See a list of national events where Dr. Bluestein has presented.
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked in the US (local, regional).
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked internationally (speaking and media)
- See where Dr. Bluestein has presented to parents worldwide.
- See Dr. Bluestein’s media resumes, including national broadcast media, local and regional broadcast media, and web chats, internet, and other media.
- Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
- Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
- See what Dr. Bluestein can do for you: details on services offered.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s presentations and interview topics.
- Read what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein
- View Dr. Bluestein’s press kit with links to her Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume
- Our media resources and policies.
- Topics and related questions for media interviews.
- Download a press photo to publicize your event.
- Check out the milestones and highlights of Dr. Bluestein’s life and career.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
- See Dr. Bluestein’s schedule of events and activities.
- Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
© 2012, Dr. Jane Bluestein
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…
One thought on “Presentation: The Win-Win Classroom”
I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information
for my mission.