Surviving the Pressure
Presentation by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Of all the factors that influence teacher morale, the pressures of high-stakes testing may be the most destructive. Nonetheless, there are ways to survive this current “lust for high scores,” and get kids performing and achieving in ways that can show up on these tests.
We’ll concentrate on techniques that can help all students, particularly non-traditional learners, and reach a wide range of abilities and learning styles, including those students who’ve fallen through the cracks somewhere along the way.
We’ll also examine the importance of classroom climate and the relationships and interactions between adults and students. Topics also include maintaining our focus, teaching to the children (rather than teaching to the test), generating parental and administrative support, self-care—and self-protection—techniques for educators and administrators.
Information about related books:
The Win-Win Classroom: Positive Classroom Management
The Beginning Teacher’s Survival Guide: Win-Win Strategies for Success
Creating Emotionally Safe Schools: A Guide for Educators and Parents
© 2012, Dr. Jane Bluestein
- Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
- Classic CV/resume: Basic overview of background, education, and experience
- Here’s a sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences.
- See a list of national events where Dr. Bluestein has presented.
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked in the US (local, regional).
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked internationally (speaking and media)
- See where Dr. Bluestein has presented to parents worldwide.
- See Dr. Bluestein’s media resumes, including national broadcast media, local and regional broadcast media, and web chats, internet, and other media.
- Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
- Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
- See what Dr. Bluestein can do for you: details on services offered.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s presentations and interview topics.
- Read what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein
- View Dr. Bluestein’s press kit with links to her Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume
- Our media resources and policies.
- Topics and related questions for media interviews.
- Download a press photo to publicize your event.
- Check out the milestones and highlights of Dr. Bluestein’s life and career.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
- See Dr. Bluestein’s schedule of events and activities.
- Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…