Keeping the Focus You Want!
Presentation by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Have you ever made a commitment to be more positive in your relationship with your children, only to have your good intentions unravel the second you trip over the soccer gear on the steps?
Increasing positivity in your approach to parenting can reduce stress and conflict in your relationship with your kids, and can also make it easier to generate commitment, cooperation and accountability from them. Nonetheless, learned behaviors, cultural norms and the simple demands of daily life can make it hard to maintain a positive focus.
This workshop will look at some common negative patterns in our interactions and will present a variety of positive alternatives. Whether you wish to motivate your kids to do something, stop and correct inappropriate or otherwise negative behavior, or even reinforce them for a job well done, there’s a good chance we’ll find a more positive way to do it!
Topics include simple, effective strategies for changing threats to promises, improving the quality of feedback we give, and for building interactions that accomplish positive goals without the usual threats, yelling or criticism.
Also available as a presentation for educators. See “Positively Positive at School!”
Information about related books:
Parents, Teens and Boundaries: How to Draw the Line
The Parent’s Little Book of Lists: Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Parenting
Creating Emotionally Safe Schools: A Guide for Educators and Parents
- Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
- Classic CV/resume: Basic overview of background, education, and experience
- Here’s a sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences.
- See a list of national events where Dr. Bluestein has presented.
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked in the US (local, regional).
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked internationally (speaking and media)
- See where Dr. Bluestein has presented to parents worldwide.
- See Dr. Bluestein’s media resumes, including national broadcast media, local and regional broadcast media, and web chats, internet, and other media.
- Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
- Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
- See what Dr. Bluestein can do for you: details on services offered.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s presentations and interview topics.
- Read what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein
- View Dr. Bluestein’s press kit with links to her Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume
- Our media resources and policies.
- Topics and related questions for media interviews.
- Download a press photo to publicize your event.
- Check out the milestones and highlights of Dr. Bluestein’s life and career.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
- See Dr. Bluestein’s schedule of events and activities.
- Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
© 2012, Dr. Jane Bluestein
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…