How to Draw the Line
Presentation by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Ah, the Terrific Teens! What a perfect time to refine—or redefine—your relationship with your child!
Here are simple, practical ways to truly take advantage of your children’s developing capabilities and responsibility, along with their desire for greater freedom and power.
This program focuses on how you can set, express, and maintain boundaries—which are an essential part of any healthy relationships—to create a win-win authority relationship, make your limits clear, and let your kids know which options are available for meeting their own needs.
We’ll explore effective ways to use boundary-setting to avoid conflicts with teens, encourage responsibility and self-management, resolve problems, prevent pointless and frustrating, no-win power struggles, and establish a foundation of mutual trust, consideration, and respect.
Similar to “You Can’t Make Me!”, this program is applicable to any grownup living or working with teens, and can be adapted to children of all ages. The strategies apply to all children, and are particularly effective with children at risk.
Information about related books:
- Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
- Classic CV/resume: Basic overview of background, education, and experience
- Here’s a sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences.
- See a list of national events where Dr. Bluestein has presented.
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked in the US (local, regional).
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked internationally (speaking and media)
- See where Dr. Bluestein has presented to parents worldwide.
- See Dr. Bluestein’s media resumes, including national broadcast media, local and regional broadcast media, and web chats, internet, and other media.
- Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
- Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
- See what Dr. Bluestein can do for you: details on services offered.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s presentations and interview topics.
- Read what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein
- View Dr. Bluestein’s press kit with links to her Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume
- Our media resources and policies.
- Topics and related questions for media interviews.
- Download a press photo to publicize your event.
- Check out the milestones and highlights of Dr. Bluestein’s life and career.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
- See Dr. Bluestein’s schedule of events and activities.
- Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
© 2012, Dr. Jane Bluestein
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…