How to Avoid Ineffective Classroom Management Practices!
Presentation for educators by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Of all the issues concerning teachers, discipline generally tops the list. All our preparation, enthusiasm and instructional expertise won’t get us much without the cooperation and attention of our students.
This program examines the most common mistakes teachers make—many of them familiar from our training and upbringing. Not only are these strategies proven ineffective and emotionally costly, but they can actually make behavior problems worse.
Here are practical ways to reduce stress and opposition, turn defensiveness and negative attitudes around, increase engagement, and generate commitment and cooperation. We’ll look at a preventative, win-win approach to discipline with techniques that minimize conflict and maximize student cooperation, self-control and on-task behavior, strategies to help us avoid the pitfalls of outdated patterns that can compromise the learning environment.
So whether you’re at the start of your career or at the end of your rope, this workshop is guaranteed to help!
• Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
• Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
• A sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences
• See where Dr. Bluestein has spoken (other states, provinces, countries)
• Read the testimonials to see what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein.
• Download Dr. Bluestein’s press kit (Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume)
• Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
• Information about our media resources and policies.
• Download a press photo to publicize your event.
• List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
• Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
Information about related books:
Managing 21st Century Classrooms: How Do I Avoid Ineffective Classroom Management Practices
The Win-Win Classroom: Positive Classroom Management
Becoming a Win-Win Teacher: A Guide for First-Year Teachers
Creating Emotionally Safe Schools: A Guide for Educators and Parents
Everything you need for your next conference or professional development event.