Building Bridges with Difficult People in Your Life
Presentation by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Different brains work in different ways, and individual preferences and styles can create stress and conflict in even the best relationships.
In this program, we’ll explore the major causes of stress in relationships, and how we can inadvertently create roadblocks—even when we’re trying to help. We’ll look at some common patterns in our interactions, along with assumptions and expectations, that can actually add to conflict, rather than preventing it, and behaviors that can compound problems we might truly wish to solve.
We’ll look at ways to understand, accommodate, and even appreciate differences in how others may receive and process information.We’ll explore how good boundaries and follow-through can help prevent power issues and misunderstandings.
We’ll also learn ways deal with colleagues in crisis, to listen, reflect, and support others without assuming responsibility for their problems, taking on their feelings or getting in the middle of their conflicts, with strategies that won’t leave you feeling resentful and exhausted or create additional problems for others or yourself.
This program focuses on professional relationships though it’s guaranteed to have an impact on personal relationships as well.
“Dealing with Difficult Colleagues” (article)
- Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
- Classic CV/resume: Basic overview of background, education, and experience
- Here’s a sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences.
- See a list of national events where Dr. Bluestein has presented.
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked in the US (local, regional).
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked internationally (speaking and media)
- See where Dr. Bluestein has presented to parents worldwide.
- See Dr. Bluestein’s media resumes, including national broadcast media, local and regional broadcast media, and web chats, internet, and other media.
- Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
- Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
- See what Dr. Bluestein can do for you: details on services offered.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s presentations and interview topics.
- Read what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein
- View Dr. Bluestein’s press kit with links to her Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume
- Our media resources and policies.
- Topics and related questions for media interviews.
- Download a press photo to publicize your event.
- Check out the milestones and highlights of Dr. Bluestein’s life and career.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
- See Dr. Bluestein’s schedule of events and activities.
- Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
© 2012, Dr. Jane Bluestein
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…