Possible interview questions for Dr. Jane Bluestein:
• Why did you write a book about teachers making a difference?
• What was the most gratifying part of doing a project like this?
• Great title. Who’s Mrs. MacGregor?
• I know a lot of people have had some pretty rotten teachers. Did anyone have a hard time thinking of a mentor who made a difference in a positive way?
• You really emphasize the positive experiences people had with teachers and other adults. Why?
• What are some characteristics of a good mentor?
• Can anyone be a mentor? Aren’t parents and grandparents mentors, too?
• What if you need a mentor yourself? What should you look for?
• Were you surprised at how clearly people could recall their experiences with their mentors? What did that teach you?
• Teachers spend a lot of time with kids and don’t often see the impact they are having on them. What do you have to say to them?
• What advice do you have for people who work (and live) with kids, based on what you learned from doing this book?
• I understand that this book is quickly becoming THE gift for mentors and teachers. Does this surprise you?
• Can you give an example of a teacher using the mentoring skill of:
• Unconditional acceptance?
• Encouragement and inspiration?
• Expanding your reality (and your picture of who you are)?
• Maintaining high standards?
• How could this book help a teacher or a parent?
• I suspect you’ve had more than a few terrific mentors. Who are some of your favorites?
Feel free to ask about any other issues related to teaching or education, or about any of Dr. Bluestein’s resources included on this site.
- Meet Dr. Bluestein in a brief introductory video. (Note: This is the same video as on our home page.)
- Classic CV/resume: Basic overview of background, education, and experience
- Here’s a sampling of Dr. Bluestein’s audiences.
- See a list of national events where Dr. Bluestein has presented.
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked in the US (local, regional).
- See where Dr. Bluestein has worked internationally (speaking and media)
- See where Dr. Bluestein has presented to parents worldwide.
- See Dr. Bluestein’s media resumes, including national broadcast media, local and regional broadcast media, and web chats, internet, and other media.
- Information about Dr. Bluestein’s bio and background.
- Print out a script for introducing Dr. Bluestein to your audience.
- See what Dr. Bluestein can do for you: details on services offered.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s presentations and interview topics.
- Read what people are saying about Dr. Jane Bluestein
- View Dr. Bluestein’s press kit with links to her Resume, Speaking Resume, and Media Resume
- Our media resources and policies.
- Topics and related questions for media interviews.
- Download a press photo to publicize your event.
- Check out the milestones and highlights of Dr. Bluestein’s life and career.
- List of Dr. Bluestein’s resources: books, audio, video and other resources
- See Dr. Bluestein’s schedule of events and activities.
- Contact Dr. Bluestein for any questions or to arrange an interview or event.
© 2012, Dr. Jane Bluestein
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…