A Fresh and Positive Look at Classroom Management
by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Save 25%! (50% on hard-cover version.) We are closing our Store and are down to our last few copies of this book.
At the start of your career or at the end of your rope…
When it comes to behavior challenges in the classroom, conventional practices and punitive discipline codes often fail to motivate studentsto change their attitudes or behavior. Recognized for defining a nontraditional approach that really works, Dr. Jane Bluestein offers educators ways to prevent discipline problems, build student accountability, and end frustrating power struggles with kids of all ages.
This authoritative, research-based guidebook discusses the impact of stress, brain functioning, learning styles, and social and emotional issues on student behavior. You’ll find examples, guidelines, charts, and anecdotes, along with practical, powerful, and effective ideas to help you:
- Avoid falling into the “rules and punishment” trap
- Establish win-win authority relationships while defusing conflict and opposition
- Build a positive, caring, and emotionally safe learning climate
- Encourage student cooperation, motivation, self-management, and on-task behavior
- Accommodate a wide variety of learning styles and preferences in a brain-friendly atmosphere
- Minimize academic failure and frustration—even with pressure to “get through the content”
- Reduce social conflict and emotional outbursts
- Eliminate defiance, dependence, and disinterest
- Engage even the most defiant, defeated, or resistant learner by using powerful alternative strategies
- Make your classroom (and school) culture much more positive
- Build relationships with parents and other staff members
- Reduce stress and burnout and make your work more enjoyable
The Win-Win Classroom will change the way you interact with students and help you build a positive social culture within your school and classroom.
—J. Galicic, 5-star Amazon review
The reader comes away with strategies for implementation and the confidence to create win-win classrooms and support students in self-management.
—Jo Ann Freiberg, Educational Consultant
Includes more examples than any other book of its kind I’ve ever read.
—Stephen Haslam, Educational Consultant
The focus throughout this book is on effective classroom strategies for setting up a win-win environment where everyone’s needs are met and there are fewer power struggles to disrupt instruction.—Wendy Marshal, Director, Educational Technology Training Center, Armstrong Atlantic State University
This best-selling book evolved from Jane’s work on 21st Century Discipline and includes lots of new examples and material not covered in that book. Includes dozens of handy charts, self-assessment surveys, planning pages, and activity sheets.
For all grade levels and for anyone working in a school setting, this book is a great resource for college professors and seminar or study group leaders.
8 1/2” x 11”, 328 pages. $33.75 (Save 25% off regular price of $44.95).
Just found a small stack of hard-cover copies of this book in perfect condition. $24.95
Order this book online!
Use your credit card or PayPal account to order The Win-Win Classroom through a secure server online. Ask for an autograph. It’s free, too!
Products page. Products are listed alphabetically.
Please support this site:
This website is an ongoing labor of love. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…
Everything you need for your next conference or professional development event.