A Fresh and Positive Look at Classroom Management
by Dr. Jane Bluestein
15% off retail price. Free autograph with request.
At the start of your career or at the end of your rope…
When it comes to behavior challenges in the classroom, conventional practices and punitive discipline codes often fail to motivate studentsto change their attitudes or behavior. Recognized for defining a nontraditional approach that really works, Dr. Jane Bluestein offers educators ways to prevent discipline problems, build student accountability, and end frustrating power struggles with kids of all ages.
This authoritative, research-based guidebook discusses the impact of stress, brain functioning, learning styles, and social and emotional issues on student behavior. You’ll find examples, guidelines, charts, and anecdotes, along with practical, powerful, and effective ideas to help you:
- Avoid falling into the “rules and punishment” trap
- Establish win-win authority relationships while defusing conflict and opposition
- Build a positive, caring, and emotionally safe learning climate
- Encourage student cooperation, motivation, self-management, and on-task behavior
- Accommodate a wide variety of learning styles and preferences in a brain-friendly atmosphere
- Minimize academic failure and frustration—even with pressure to “get through the content”
- Reduce social conflict and emotional outbursts
- Eliminate defiance, dependence, and disinterest
- Engage even the most defiant, defeated, or resistant learner by using powerful alternative strategies
- Make your classroom (and school) culture much more positive
- Build relationships with parents and other staff members
- Reduce stress and burnout and make your work more enjoyable
The Win-Win Classroom will change the way you interact with students and help you build a positive social culture within your school and classroom.
The reader comes away with strategies for implementation and the confidence to create win-win classrooms and support students in self-management.
—Jo Ann Freiberg, Educational Consultant
Includes more examples than any other book of its kind I’ve ever read.
—Stephen Haslam, Educational Consultant
The focus throughout this book is on effective classroom strategies for setting up a win-win environment where everyone’s needs are met and there are fewer power struggles to disrupt instruction.—Wendy Marshal, Director, Educational Technology Training Center, Armstrong Atlantic State University
This best-selling book evolved from Jane’s work on 21st Century Discipline and includes lots of new examples and material not covered in that book. Includes dozens of handy charts, self-assessment surveys, planning pages, and activity sheets.
For all grade levels and for anyone working in a school setting, this book is a great resource for college professors and seminar or study group leaders.
8 1/2” x 11”, 328 pages. Save 15%: $38.50. Regular price, $44.95.
Order this book online!
Use your credit card or PayPal account to order The Win-Win Classroom through a secure server online.
Click here to go to the product page. Products are listed alphabetically.
Click here to view shopping cart or check out.
Free shipping on all prepaid U.S. orders. International visitors: 10% discount on all prepaid merchandise (excluding downloads). For more information, click here.
Ask for an autograph. It’s free, too!
Need an order form you can print out and mail in? Click here. Or call 505-323-9044 to order.
Sale items: Click for new, used, and slightly damaged books at exceptional prices or to see if there is a copy of this item at a reduced price.
Click here for everything you need for your next conference or professional development event.