A facilitator’s guide to a fresh and positive approach to classroom management
by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Save 15% off regular price.
An essential guidebook for anyone teaching college courses or leading training programs on classroom management. Help teachers establish win-win authority relationships with students and improve the overall climate in their classrooms, schools, and districts!
Based on Dr. Bluestein’s book, The Win-Win Classroom, this guide gives staff developers and workshop leaders the tools to facilitate book study groups, seminars, and professional development events to help teachers prevent discipline problems, build student accountability, end frustrating power struggles, improve school climate, reduce failure and improve achievement, accommodate a wide range of learner preferences, and create a positive social culture with kids of all ages.
Facilitators will be able to discuss the impact of stress, brain functioning, learning styles, and social and emotional issues on student behavior and provide empowering guidelines and practical ideas for:
- Avoiding the “rules and punishment” trap
- Creating a caring and emotionally safe learning climate
- Defusing conflict and opposition
- Encouraging student cooperation, motivation, self-management, and on-task behavior
- Evaluate school policies and personal beliefs with regard to teaching and learning
- Engaging even the most defiant, defeated, or resistant learner
- Avoiding (and changing) ineffective and self-defeating patterns in interactions with students, parents, and other staf
- Making policies and practices consistent with the needs and demands of the 21st century
This chapter-by-chapter study guide follows the same format as the companion book and features:
- Workshop activities
- Discussion questions
- Suggestions for practical applications
- Chapter summaries
- Handouts and overheads
- Resources for extending learning
- Sample agendas for half-day, one-day, and two-day workshops
- A workshop evaluation form
The Facilitator’s Guide to The Win-Win Classroom is ideal for college course instructors, staff developers, or anyone leading professional training for groups of any size—including study groups, small workshops, or large seminars.
For all grade levels and for anyone working in a school setting.
8 1/2” x 11”, 88 pages. Save 15%: $16.95. (Regular price, $19.95)
Order this book online!
Use your credit card or PayPal account to order The Facilitator’s Guide to The Win-Win Classroom through a secure server online.
Click here to go to the product page. Products are listed alphabetically.
Click here to view shopping cart or check out.
Free shipping on all prepaid U.S. orders. International visitors: 10% discount on all prepaid merchandise (excluding downloads). For more information, click here.
Ask for an autograph. It’s free, too!
Need an order form you can print out and mail in? Click here. Or call 505-323-9044 to order.
Sale items: Click for new, used, and slightly damaged books at exceptional prices or to see if there is a copy of this item at a reduced price.
Click here for everything you need for your next conference or professional development event.