A Guide for Parents & Educators
by Dr. Jane Bluestein
This thoroughly readable, research-based book covers all the bases—including, social, neurological, emotional, academic, cultural and physical factors that impact the emotional climate of a school, and how safe schools feel to the people who spend their time there.
- safety and the brain
- childhood stress, coping, and compention
- body and mind
- violence in kids’ lives
- the changing role of school
- the need for community
- the school as a dysfunctional family
- failure, discrimination, and belonging
- testing and feedback
- temperament and labels
- different ways of learning and being “smart”
- discipline and behavioral issues
- resiliency and social competence
- the physical environment
- teacher safety, training and support
- the role of the administrator
- parents and community
Discover the many contributing factors in this groundbreaking sourcebook on emotional safety in schools, with research, facts, and personal anecdotes capable of changing the state of education. An excellent text for teacher education classes, administration, counselors, and study groups. As relevant today as it was when it was first released, perhaps even more so.
Read the Rave Reviews for Creating Emotionally Safe Schools!
Use your credit card or PayPal account to order Creating Emotionally Safe Schools through a secure server online. 6” x 9,” 496 pages, $14.95.
This book will be sent directly from the publisher.
Read excerpts from Creating Emotionally Safe Schools:
• “Testing, Testing…”
• Bouncing Back: The Art of Resiliency
• Pretty and Popular
• Spare the Rod
• Brave New World: The Changing Role of the School
• I’m Hyperactive, You’re Hyperactive
• Bearing Witness: Support for Children in Crisis
Products page. Products are listed alphabetically.
© 2012, Dr. Jane Bluestein
Please support this site: This website is an ongoing labor of love, with a fair number of expenses involved. Your support will help offset the cost of continual training, technical assistance, and translators, allowing me to continue to maintain the site, add helpful and inspiring new content and links, and keep the site ad-free. Donate here…