A Guide for Parents & Educators
by Dr. Jane Bluestein
This thoroughly readable, research-based book covers all the bases—including, social, neurological, emotional, academic, cultural and physical factors that impact the emotional climate of a school, and how safe schools feel to the people who spend their time there.
- safety and the brain
- childhood stress, coping, and compention
- body and mind
- violence in kids’ lives
- the changing role of school
- the need for community
- the school as a dysfunctional family
- failure, discrimination, and belonging
- testing and feedback
- temperament and labels
- different ways of learning and being “smart”
- discipline and behavioral issues
- resiliency and social competence
- the physical environment
- teacher safety, training and support
- the role of the administrator
- parents and community
Discover the many contributing factors in this groundbreaking sourcebook on emotional safety in schools, with research, facts, and personal anecdotes capable of changing the state of education.
6” x 9,” 496 pages, $14.95.
Click here to read the Rave Reviews for Creating Emotionally Safe Schools!
Use your credit card or PayPal account to order Creating Emotionally Safe Schools through a secure server online.
Click here to go to the product page. Products are listed alphabetically.
Click here to view shopping cart or check out.
Free shipping on all prepaid U.S. orders. International visitors: 10% discount on all prepaid merchandise (excluding downloads). For more information, click here.
Ask for an autograph. It’s free, too!
Need an order form you can print out and mail in? Click here. Or call 505-323-9044 to order.
Click here for the entire bibliography from this book.
Read excerpts from Creating Emotionally Safe Schools:
• “Testing, Testing…”
• Bouncing Back: The Art of Resiliency
• Pretty and Popular
• Spare the Rod
• Brave New World: The Changing Role of the School
• I’m Hyperactive, You’re Hyperactive
• Bearing Witness: Support for Children in Crisis
Click here to read an interview with questions and answers by Dr. Jane Bluestein
Sale items: Click for new, used, and slightly damaged books at exceptional prices or to see if there is a copy of this item at a reduced price.
Click here for everything you need for your next conference or professional development event.