Silver Linings: The up side of down times
Learning to be thankful for the tough stuff.
Imagine a world in which there were no unnecessary tragedies— not because negative events did not occur, but because we recognize that these occurrences may have been necessary to open the way for some greater blessings to happen. One of the greatest challenges in life is learning to see the benefits of seemingly negative or tragic incidents. It takes a great deal of courage to reframe old hurts or violations in a positive light. Sometimes it may take years before a tragedy can make sense in this context or fit into a more positive perspective… Read more…
Gift Time: Books and other resources bundled for special savings
The following combination of resources were originally offered as specially priced product bundles exclusively for newsletter subscribers, Facebook friends, and Twitter and Linked In followers. They are now available to all site visitors. Includes special prices on individual items when purchased with available bundles.
About this site:
My first Web site appeared with a handful of pages in 1997. This is the 4th version of the site, launched at the end of 2012 with a new look and a lot of new features. Although the appearance and structure of the site has changed over the years, my intentions have always been to inspire positive and practical ways to connect with one another in caring, emotionally safe environments. With an emphasis on adult-child relationships, nearly all of the material on culture and community, learning, teaching and parenting, motivation and behavior, and self-care can be applied to adult relationships as well. (Read more…)
• In addition to several hundred free Web pages on this site, we also offer books, articles, audio, video, and stationery and gift items for sale for parents and teachers of children of all ages, new teachers, administrators, counselors, and the general public. Click here for a list of resources.
• We now have 23 free podcasts on various topics relevant to educators and parents and have three more in the can, which I hope to post in the next few weeks. Click here for the full listing by topic of the podcasts on the site so far. Be sure to click on the Program Notes above the photo. They’ve all been updated with new graphics and new links. (Note: We’ve had some reports of the podcasts not playing on Firefox on some Macs. You can still download the files to your hard drive and listen from there.)
• Click here for information “The ‘Core’ of the Matter: Creating a Community for Making Common Core State Standards Work,” this month’s featured presentation.
• Click here for free downloads of our “Pads” on the Back™ Templates with 8 different ways to acknowledge the people you value and appreciate in your life. We now have 43 templates available in 41 different languages!
• For information about the photos of kids displayed at the bottom of every page on this site, click here.
Or just click on one of the links in the navigation bar and find an article, handout, blog, podcast, presentation, or product you can use. There is plenty more to come in the coming weeks, as I look forward to continuing to convert pages from the old site and add new content here as well.
Please support this site
The content on this site is free. You are welcome to download, copy, distribute, or use the material with proper attribution in any way you feel will be helpful. (Click here for legal and karmic stuff related to using these resources.)
Your support will help us continue to maintain the site, add new content, hire translators and tech support consultants, and keep the site ad-free. Any support is much appreciated. Click here for more information or to donate.
Click here to view shopping cart or check out.