Have you ever…
- Felt like no matter how much you did or how hard you tried, it wasn’t enough?
- Compared yourself to others and seemed to come up short?
- Set unrealistic, even harmful standards for yourself or others?
- Been afraid to start on a project, thinking you didn’t have what it took to do it right?
- Kept refining your work or doing it over and over, trying to get it perfect, but missing deadlines, sleep, or meals?
- Been afraid to make mistakes, admit you didn’t know something, or let people see the real you?
- Tended to think in all-or-nothing terms: “I’m the best” vs. “I’m a complete failure.” “I’m doing great on my diet” vs. “Why bother?”
- Found yourself nagging your partner, kids, or coworkers?
- Felt disappointed because you or others didn’t live up to your expectations?
Well, fortunately, help is here! After a journey that started in early 2013, my latest book is now in stock. With tons of stories and examples, as well as practical suggestions to keep your perfectionism from running your life. Ask for an autograph! For help, click here or order below:
Important notice: We have retired the 800 number previous associated with this business and will no longer be receiving faxes after 9/27/15. Please contact our office (and me) via email, through our land line, 505-323-9044, or my cell (voice or text), 505-250-3965. Thanks!
A new blog about what I’ve been up to for the past year or so
My old site would routinely feature updates about “What Jane’s Been Up To.” After months of barely touching this site, I thought it might be nice to share what’s been going on with me, and why my holiday cards are still sitting on my desk. Since Halloween. To read more, click here.
For details about the winding road that led to the release of this book, read Writing About Perfectionism.
Special gift for new graduates and beginning teachers
25% ($10) off regular price! A special price on a great gift for new graduates, beginning teachers, returning teachers, and anyone who needs a shot in the arm after a challenging year! With practical ideas and honest cautions, this book encompasses a wide range of helpful topics to help increase teaching success and satisfaction, and to prevent many of the problems new teachers often face.
Offer good through December 31, 2015. Click here for more information.
Books and other resources bundled for special savings
The following combination of resources were originally offered as specially priced product bundles exclusively for newsletter subscribers, Facebook friends, and Twitter and Linked In followers. They are now available to all site visitors. Includes special prices on individual items when purchased with available bundles.
About this site:
My first Web site appeared with a handful of pages in 1997. This is the 4th version of the site, launched at the end of 2012 with a new look and a lot of new features. Although the appearance and structure of the site has changed over the years, my intentions have always been to inspire positive and practical ways to connect with one another in caring, emotionally safe environments. With an emphasis on adult-child relationships, nearly all of the material on culture and community, learning, teaching and parenting, motivation and behavior, and self-care can be applied to adult relationships as well. (Read more…)
• In addition to several hundred free Web pages on this site, we also offer books, articles, audio, video, and stationery and gift items for sale for parents and teachers of children of all ages, new teachers, administrators, counselors, and the general public. Click here for a list of resources.
• We now have 23 free podcasts on various topics relevant to educators and parents and have three more in the can, which I hope to post in the next few weeks. Click here for the full listing by topic of the podcasts on the site so far. Be sure to click on the Program Notes above the photo. They’ve all been updated with new graphics and new links. (Note: We’ve had some reports of the podcasts not playing on Firefox on some Macs. You can still download the files to your hard drive and listen from there.)
• Click here for information “The ‘Core’ of the Matter: Creating a Community for Making Common Core State Standards Work,” this month’s featured presentation.
• Click here for free downloads of our “Pads” on the Back™ Templates with 8 different ways to acknowledge the people you value and appreciate in your life. We now have 43 templates available in 41 different languages!
• For information about the photos of kids displayed at the bottom of every page on this site, click here.
Or just click on one of the links in the navigation bar and find an article, handout, blog, podcast, presentation, or product you can use. There is plenty more to come in the coming weeks, as I look forward to continuing to convert pages from the old site and add new content here as well.
Please support this site
The content on this site is free. You are welcome to download, copy, distribute, or use the material with proper attribution in any way you feel will be helpful. (Click here for legal and karmic stuff related to using these resources.)
Your support will help us continue to maintain the site, add new content, hire translators and tech support consultants, and keep the site ad-free. Any support is much appreciated. Click here for more information or to donate.
Click here to view shopping cart or check out.